What data do we collect?
- When you register we will store the details that you provide on the registration form, such as username, password and email address.
- When you post in the forums we will store the content of your post and any images or other attachments.
- When you complete your profile we will store the information you provide.
How will we use your data?
The data that we collect is used to provide the functionality of the forum.
- Your personal details provided at registration (such as name and password) are used to verify your account and provide a means to log in securely.
- Your email address is used to provide notifications about forum activity. You may choose to unsubscribe at any time.
- The content of your forum posts are stored in order to be distributed to other forum members.
- Similarly, the information you provide by completing you user profile is stored in order to share it with other forum members.
How do we store your data?
Your data is securely stored by our hosting provider. You may choose to delete your user account at any point. Upon doing so your data will be removed from the database, including any forum posts which you may have made.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service. However, almost all of the information that we store about you is visible to you on the forum, or in you user profile area.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete information you believe is incomplete. You can amend most details yourself by editing your forum posts or user profile.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data. You can delete you account at any point using the link in your account settings area.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer when you visit a website, and can be read back by that website if you visit again later. These can be used to keep the user logged in, remember user preferences or to track user behaviour. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, since the cookies used by our website are essential to managing your login session, most of our forum features will not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office here: https://ico.org.uk